Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Whirlwind Wednesday

Breakfast by the water was lovely this morning.


I was hoping that I could purchase something lovely from Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves today, but I only liked one item on their racks and my size was not there.

We did some grocery shopping from Go Natural.

We drove to Stocklands where I bought the winning ticket in the $80million Powerball draw, a few
more art supplies, a DVD (Bohemian Rhapsody), a better quality chef’s blowtorch and a Boost Juice.

We stopped at our local butcher on the way home to pick up our chicken order and I visited The Motivator so that I could use the shop loo.

There was some unpacking to do at home and I put the slow cooker on with chicken feet and veg for a delicious chicken broth. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to purchase chicken feet for five years so I was excited to see them in the freezer at Go Natural!

I got to spend some time in the studio for a quick paint pour ...









... then it was time to get ready for trivia night where we came 8th (I think) but it was a good night.

I’ve watched The Bachelor and now it’s time for bed. I’m exhausted!

Nite all.

No comments: