Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Space Clearing

So I figured that my mojo might have been lost in the mess of my workspace.

3 buckets full of water and soaking numerous stirrers, cups and tools. Bags of timber corner pieces from the canvases. Many ‘almost empty’ cups of paint. Boxes of empty squirter bottles waiting to be filled with paint. Half empty paint tubes waiting to go back into the tool box. The list goes on.

So I spent two hours clearing the workspace and filling more squirter bottles with paint and pouring medium. It’s quite a physically taxing job shaking fifteen bottles until the contents are thoroughly mixed!

Now the area, along with my head, are clean, clear and ready for some fresh inspiration.

Beauty was the only one to attend coffee morning at the shop today, so it was a short and quieter than usual morning.

A quick catch up with The Motivator before I came home to attend to the studio.

Oh, and I picked these up from the post office ...



... so I’m excited to try them tomorrow.

The final class of the hooping course was this afternoon and we had a lot of fun. We now form the intermediate group which begin classes on 24th September. I think I need to practice between now and then!

Psychotic dog Colli attended a grooming appointment this morning and looks stunning!


We had wild salmon and salad for dinner.

I’m exhausted - after Adoring Husband had a mishap with his phone at 3.15am and then snored loudly for about 45 minutes after he fell back to sleep, I had a very broken sleep and need to catch up tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: