Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 6, 2019

Not Quite as Planned

I wanted to try another challenge pic (with those blue and orange colours) today.

The first thing I did was a really pretty swipe with different shades of blue. I loved it and placed it carefully on some paper towel which I laid out on the drying table.

After that I sat outside in the pool area for a while, writing in my journal. It was uncomfortably windy, in fact the gale force conditions were buffeting the lounge and the umbrella over the pool was rocking too.

It became too uncomfortable, so I headed inside ready to make my second attempt at the challenge colours, but I discovered that the wind through the studio window had blown the paper towel onto my blue painting! 😭

After my initial groan of disappointment, instead of making a song and dance about it, I decided to cover the mess with a goldfish. This way it would match the challenge colours and it could be my second entry.

I knew that this would be tricky, given the thickness of the paint already on the canvas, so I was very tentative and very careful, but alas my efforts were not successful.


This made me laugh and I knew that I would keep it so that when I create the result that I imagined in my head at the beginning of this project, I will have something to measure my success by.

I posted it on Facebook as an example of my failures and have been surprised by the positive feedback that it has received, however the photo makes it look better than it is.

Dinner was an easy nosh up of wild salmon with onion, avocado and micro greens wrapped in a GF tortilla for me. AH had chicken ribs - his usual Friday night fare.

We’ve been watching the footy tonight and we were happy to see Manly get thrashed by Parramatta, and by enough points to help them leap frog Manly on the ladder.

It was a very successful day in the shop today and I’ll be working tomorrow so I hope I can continue the success into the weekend.

Next week will be the beginning of our Monday closures. Our opening hours will be changing too so we won’t be opening until 10am. Generally, nobody walks through our doors before 10am, so it’s pointless being there.

So it’s bed time for me.

Nite all.



No comments: