Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 14, 2020

A State of Disrepair

I spent many hours in bed furthering my research on COVID 19 and all of the current vaccinations that are available right now.

Currently there is $2billion funding available worldwide for creating a vaccine for COVID 19. I’m not certain where all this money is coming from, but I do know that there are 219 different groups, including two of the top ten pharmaceutical companies using that money developing their own version.

Donald Trump has provided $650million to research effective treatments or a cure.

There is currently no vaccine 100% effective in preventing the disease for which it was created. 

“They” claim that the three strains of polio have been eradicated due to effective vaccinations, HOWEVER, there is a new disease with the same symptoms and prognosis as polio which they have named ‘Acute Flaccid Myelitis’ (in my opinion, to put us off the scent), and 547 children, just in USA, have contracted this disease.

IF polio has been eradicated, why do we require a vaccination for something that no longer exists?

6 doses of the Diptheria vaccine will give you 99% protection.
Tetanus is 99% effective as long as you have a booster every ten years.
Hep A vaccine has 99% effectiveness.
1 dose of MMR offers 95% protection for Measles.
Whooping cough vaccine only provides 80% protection.
Pneumonia - 75%
Flu - 67% but that is an average. Some years it’s around 30% and other years much higher depending on whether they’ve guessed the correct strain for the year. 

For me, it’s much like Russian roulette. I can hear Clint Eastwood’s voice asking “Are you feeling lucky punk?”

Anyway that’s some of today’s research that I wanted to share with you.

I presented myself pyjama clad and in a complete state of bed hair and disrepair when The Brains Trust visited to deliver her bag of pre-loved clothes this morning.

Only my desperate need to see a smiling friendly face, and my love and appreciation of her happy soul could get me to leave my bed For that visit 🥰

I got some more washing done today, but not much else. I learned a little about our new TV - it’s amazing how technology changes in such a short period of time!

Bubbles asked me for this recipe today so since I have the pic handy, I thought you might like to try it. It’s quite delicious.


I’m working tomorrow (Friday) so I’d best get some sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: