Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Mother Nature strikes again

I think it began with The Wizard of Oz but I have always been intrigued by the vision of a tornado.

Then the movie ‘Twister’ captured my fearful imagination.

Our own tornado in 2013 sent me (and Adoring Husband) spiralling into a dark all encompassing bout of PTSD that lasted for many years.

I feel that I have, for the most part, recovered from that and while I once spent a good portion of my day studying the BOM and following storm systems obsessively, I mostly don’t even realise storms are coming now until they hit.

These days, AH is more skittish about forecast storm activity than I am.

I stumbled across this video today and found the different structures of the tornadoes fascinating. I doubt that I could find the courage (or the stupidity) to chase a twister the way these guys do but it would be awesome to photograph something like this from a safe distance.

The massive 2.6 mile wide tornado that hit El Reno in Oklahoma in 2013 lasted for 40 minutes!! 2.6 miles wide!!! It’s impossible to comprehend a monster that big.

Anyway I thought I’d share this short video with those of you who feel the same fascination.



Our new TV was delivered at 9am and the delivery guys unpacked it and lifted it onto the cabinet for AH.

Our old TV had developed a large vertical dark shadow down the centre of the screen so it had to replaced.

I had a very very quiet day in the shop but the time still passed quickly and I was taken by surprise when I saw our car moving up the driveway with AH arriving to help me lock up for the day.

There was no relaxing when we arrived home because the psychotic dogs had made a mess of our floor AND themselves so while AH got to work with the mop and bucket, I had to bath two of them.

Little buggers.

I got to watch 3 episodes of Grey’s Anatomy before cooking up a green chicken curry for dinner and we were in bed by 8.45pm. I swear AH fell asleep within 5 minutes of putting his head upon the pillow!

I’m trying to video him making strange noises while he sleeps but it’s almost like he senses what I’m doing because he stops as soon as I press the record button and then starts again when I turn it off! It’s very frustrating.

Time for me to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: