Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mum’s The Word

I’ve had a pleasant Mother’s Day at home.

I heard from all three kids, which was really nice.

I stayed in bed until lunch time and between us, Adoring Husband and I made a main meal for lunch and we spent the afternoon watching Season 13 of Greys Anatomy. Two more seasons to go. Season 16 is showing on TV now and Season 17 is planned for 2021.

There is a storm building out west and heading in this direction. We had a bit of a downpour earlier in the evening, but we could do with some more rain.

I wonder if I can spur some productivity tomorrow? Still so much to do and no motivation to do any of it 😳

Perhaps the checklist that I posted here on Friday would inspire me? This one ...


Numbers 6, 12, 16, 21 and 30 would be a good start.





It’s almost midnight. I’m outta here!

Nite all.

No comments: