Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Finish with a Flourish

It was a strange kind of day.

Very slow in sales until 15 minutes before closing and I finished with such a flourish, it was astounding!

Meditation was awesome, as always.

I paid bills, filed paperwork, steamed clothes, spoke to reps, made tea, prepared lunch, checked emails and tried to figure out what Lorraine Lea products I want for half price!

Adoring Husband and I set up the tables for art class on Saturday. He brought in a drop sheet to protect the carpet - because it’s almost beyond help now!

I still haven’t decided what we’re going to create in art but it’ll all fall into place on the day.

These are some of the clothes that came in on Monday ...










Oh and I forgot to take my daily pic of the baby bird! Must do that tomorrow!

A couple more pics of my beautiful girls at the wedding ...


Now I must sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: