Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday Funday

I did get to sleep in this morning and then laze in bed for a while before getting my act together and starting the day with some vim and vigour.

My aim was to keep busy and fill the time leading up to Vegan Chickie’s wedding.

This in turn prevented me from dwelling on the fact that I was missing the big family affair ☹️

So Adoring Husband and I drove to the shop to set up for morning coffee with the girls and the journaling class in the afternoon.

We then pulled apart the art and craft area and rearranged it into a more welcoming configuration. AH also screwed some panels of hooks onto the wall where I can hang the macrame art. We still haven’t put together the glass cabinets but I hope to do that during the week.

I’ll take photos tomorrow.

Aggie and Number 2 Husband arrived at 11am and he changed the starters in one of the flouorescent light panels in the main shop area. He had much steadier climbing legs than either AH or I!

AH collected the mail and some new lady’s fashion items arrived which are now waiting for me to steam and price tomorrow.

We arrived home in time to make some late lunch and watch a bit of telly before dressing up for our ZOOM date for the wedding.

I have no photos yet of the wedding but a couple of pre-wedding pics ...


It was a very short and very sweet ceremony. Everybody looked so happy and I got to have a short chat in ZOOM with Mr Perfect’s relatives in the UK. Tonight, Vegan Chickie FaceTimed me and I got to chat with Granny Liz and the remaining guests which was lovely. Everybody is very happy 😊 

I’ve been taking the Valerian Forte tablets for about 5 days now and I have definitely slept more soundly - except for one night - and I realise I forgot to take the VF that night! I wake up clear headed too, so my brain works immediately and doesn’t feel fuzzy. So far, I would recommend it if you’re not a sound sleeper.

Our baby bird is slowly growing up ...

Sleep time for me now.

Nite all.

No comments: