Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Unexpectedly Crazy

Being the first sales day of February, which is traditionally ghostly quiet, my sales were crazy today!

The shop was consistently full of customers until midday and at one point I had a dozen women roaming about.

This was even more surprising because there are so few people in the caravan parks at the moment.

Here are the photos of the newly rearranged arts and crafts area ...




I had a little time with my girls for coffee before the rush started. 

There was only enough time to steam one of the new dresses from yesterday’s arrivals.

I created today’s journaling lesson but because we’ve had long breaks between classes, I chose instead to review what we’ve done previously and to finish completing some of the questionnaires issued last year. It was an excellent way to fill today’s 90 minutes.

After the class, Adoring Husband and I cleared the room and set up for meditation in the morning.

Here is the first beautiful photo of Vegan Chickie and Mr Perfect from their wedding yesterday ...

I’m feeling quite weary tonight so I think it’s sleep time for me.

Oh and here is a photo of our baby bird’s growth progress ...

Oh AND one of my fave art girls/customer/friends took this photo of a water spout just off the beach in Burrum Heads this afternoon 😳

Nite all.

No comments: