Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 1, 2022

Lost Then Found

You’ll be pleased to know that after a restless night of not knowing where Adoring Husband’s wallet was and hoping that daylight would shed more light on the subject, BGWLBH searched the same car that AH and I combed through three times last night and she found it in one of the back door pockets!

How the hell did it get there?

Anyway, great relief for AH and thank goodness I was able to convince him NOT to cancel his cards last night. We checked his bank account and there had been no activity on the card so we figured it hadn’t been stolen and on a spending spree.

Recently, I’ve watched a couple of YouTube videos of Johnny Depp creating his art.

He wears colourful hats, headbands, scarves, bangles, bracelets, vests, glasses and jewellery.

So I decided that I was going to trigger my own inner creativity by finding some way out items to wear while I worked in my art space.

This is what I started today, on a big-ish square canvas. It is yet to be painted and glittered and resined and I expect the process will take a couple of weeks as I wait for each layer to dry and cure.


I’m pleased with my progress so far and I think my creativity was helped by channeling Johnny Depp.

Tonight’s dinner was roast chicken with a green salad from our garden and home made potato cakes followed by fruit whip.

We watched our shows and here it is after 11pm. After last night’s drama, I’m feeling quite weary so it’s sleep time for me.






 It’s all.

No comments: