Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Day For The Girlies

We enjoyed a girly day.

We started at Aquavue for breakfast where we sat for a good 90 minutes eating our breakfast, drinking our beverages, soaking up the water views and reminiscing over the decades and in particular the early years of our friendship.


35 years of friendship and each other’s greatest supporters.

I had to return a broken candle to Tinkerbell’s and while I was there, yep you guessed it, I put a deposit on a bracelet and pendant. A multi-coloured tourmaline triple layer bracelet and a baroque pearl pendant.


The remainder of the day was spent checking off our list, spending money, window shopping, browsing, delighting in a mango sorbet ice cream, purchasing from a different butcher (not impressed with the Pialba butcher), checking the mail and other assorted fun things.

It was after 4pm when we returned home feeling pretty buggered actually!

Adoring Husband cooked our meat on the barbecue, BGWLBH picked all the salad stuff from the garden and I prepared the salad.

We watched the Hunted finale and were very happy with the two winners. Taking all the stupid rules into consideration, which put the contestants at a definite disadvantage, they did incredibly well to reach the end. They deserved the cash prize.

Tomorrow is Beauty and The Geek finale. I want Azza and Carly to win.

Next week will be our greatest dilemma. Sunday night is the start of ‘My Kitchen Rules’, ‘The Masked Singer’, ‘The Block’ and ‘Spicksnspecks’!!!

Tonight I won $33 on OzLotto. A few zeroes on the end of that would have been nice.

Here is a new photo of my girls and Chicklet’s latest piece of art …



Now it’s time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: