Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Maintenance

Today was expensive!

Our pool is four years old! Can you believe it!?

Parts of our filter and cleaning system are in need of repair or replacement so our pool guy gave us a quote a few weeks ago and today he came to do the work.

Unfortunately there is still a problem which hopefully will be fixed in the morning.

I had a deliciously lazy day, staying in bed for most of it.

At 10am I made breakfast and returned to bed with it. I would have taken it to the Bali hut but didn’t want to be there when the pool guy arrived.

The only reason I got out of bed at lunch time was because BGWLBH went to the trouble of preparing a platter for lunch and I was still full from breakfast, but decided to join them to watch them eat.

After lunch AH and I watched Spicks and Specks until my quiz shows came on and I sent him to the butcher to collect our chicken order.

I made spicy chicken thighs for dinner with salad and sweet potato chips. Our salad included the first cucumber from the garden and OMG the flavour was glorious! I’d forgotten how good fresh cucumber straight from the garden was. So delicious!

We played trivia for about 45 minutes.

Unfortunately, because it’s the first week of finals, there was no football tonight so AH fell asleep while we watched QI, which gave me a reason to come to bed early where I watched Great Pottery Throw Down on my iPad.

BGWLBH and I have a nail salon appointment in the morning and we plan on breakfast at Dan and Steph’s beforehand. We have quite an extensive ‘to do’ list so it will be a full day in The Bay.

Best get some sleep!






Nite all.

No comments: