Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Socially Excited

Today BGWLBH and I had a social outing to talk all things conspiracy, Covid, vaccine related with a like minded individual.

It was both inspiring and scary. 

It’s nice to talk to people who have been like minded from the start but even better to find people who have become like minded during this ordeal.

The ones who, at the beginning, believed everything that was being dished out and have since realised that nothing makes sense and they went in search of the truth.

I think the “newly like minded” are more angry than the originals.

But anyway, we had a fab day!

Adoring Husband made himself useful in our absence and put a new lock and handle on our front door. This has been on his “to do” list (which I created) for quite some time so it was nice to cross something off that list.

Bubbles made contact to tell me that she will be on the Sunny Coast in a couple of weeks for a few days, so BGWLBH and I have booked ourselves five nights at Alexandra Headland which is just a couple of kms from where Bubbles is staying.

Since we never got to go on our road trip, this will be a nice little holiday not too far from home to refresh, restore, rejuvenate and regenerate our souls. 

Unfortunately AH can’t come because of work commitments and Bubbles is disappointed, but promises that she will come to our place for a couple of weeks in February next year.

I made a zucchini slice with a giant zucchini from our garden (should have taken a pic!) and served it with sweet potato chips and garden salad. One of our neighbours has a friend nearby who grows sweet potatoes on his farm, so we are lucky to receive a box of them fresh from that farm every few weeks.

It’s been a night of footy which I’ve enjoyed and it’s just gone past midnight so it’s sleep time for me!






Nite all.

No comments: