Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 2, 2022

Up n Attem

After a good nights sleep and a nice slow start to the day, BGWLBH and I decided to drive into The Bay.

We needed some girl time.

While there, we changed our whale watching booking to Thursday and took Adoring Husband off the booking. He wasn’t keen to go again.

I bought myself a lovely linen top with some sparkles on the front and I can’t wait to wear it! We have three dates booked for next week so I’ll have the chance on one of those days.

We did a chemist stop on the esplanade and visited ‘Banana Bender’ where they have LOTS of new clothing in store. It was difficult to hold back, but I did!

We realised at 2pm that we were hungry but also realised that it was too late in the day for eating a meal so we decided to drive home and prepare avocado/tuna dip with crackers to fill the hole until dinner time.

As you know, Friday is AH’s night to cook, which gives me a break, but tonight, even though he had done nothing all day except sit on his backside in front of the television, he was asleep when it was time to prepare dinner so bugalugs (that’s me) chose to let him sleep (I don’t know!) and cooked dinner.

Luckily for him I do these things with unconditional love requiring no thanks … because there was none forthcoming. 

Being the final round of the season, it’s a big footy night tonight.

Bulldogs defeated Manly (I tipped Bulldogs) and Roosters are currently playing Rabbitohs. It was a tough choice but I landed on Roosters for the win and they are leading 14-0 right now. It’s a tough game with 60 minutes still to be played.

If the rain holds off, we’ll probably head to Howard for the markets in the morning.

We were hoping to attend the Bauple Nut Bash but the weather forecast is not conducive for a fun afternoon there.

Im off to watch the footy now.








Nite all.

No comments: