Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Day of Rest

For a Sunday, I was up pretty early! I think it was about 8.30am when I made my way to the kitchen to help Adoring Husband cook breakfast.

He already had the bacon in the air fryer, so I poached the eggs while he toasted the bread and we popped a dish of fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden on the table - so sweet and juicy!

My eggs had perfect soft runny yolks and breakfast was delicious. It’s the first Sunday I’ve been up to eat breakfast with my house mates and it was a real pleasure. Usually I lay in bed smelling the deliciousness from afar.

After brekky, we made our tea and coffee and headed out to the Bali hut to enjoy the sunshine and play trivia. We each did a session of reading from our quiz book and played until midday when I decided to have an art session in my art space.

I’m still working on my octopus and it seems to be taking me a bloody long time to do small sections! So far I’ve spent about eight hours on it. Three hours to get this far …

Then three more to get this far …

And two hours today to reach this point …

I reckon I have a good ten hours of work left to finish it. 

I wonder if I’m a slow artist? Some people are really fast to create their work, but I seem to take forever - unless it’s paint pouring - that doesn’t take long at all.

BGWLBH found an ornamental frog in the garden. It was looking the worse for wear so I sanded it and painted it green. No pic for that one.

I watched the football this afternoon while AH mowed the lawn at the shops.

Barramundi with sweet potato chips and salad was our dinner.

We watched our favourite reality shows and now I’m in bed ready for sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: