Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Unlike Me

Last night, BGWLBH invited me to attend the Pier Markets with her early this morning. I reluctantly declined because I had a lot to do - things that I have put off all week (if not longer) and I was feeling motivated enough to GSD (get s#§t done).

She left around 6.30am and I was up before 7.30am.

First priority was a load of washing and once that was on, I made some breakfast to take out to the Bali hut where I watched the latest episode of The Block while soaking up some early morning sunshine.

A very pleasant start to the day.

I hung out my washing and put in another load before making my way to my art space where I uploaded the whale pics to edit.

My old iMac is very very slow and it took forever to upload and then another ‘forever’ to edit each pic. 

Out of 240 pics, I deleted 210.

The pics that remained were far from spectacular because the whales were too far away and they were not doing anything worth photographing. But I have to keep some to prove we had the experience.










Where you see two whales, it is a mother teaching the baby to slap it’s tail on the surface.

This took almost 90 minutes!

I was just about to hang my second load of washing when BGWLBH returned. She was loud and animated raving about how fabulous the markets were and reefing purchase after purchase out of her shopping bags regaling about the music and the water/running races and all the humans with their pets and the fantastic stalls and what was for sale.

She made sure I knew I’d missed a fabulous morning but eased my pain with the gift of a macrame plant hanger with turquoise beading, which I LOVED!

She bought Adoring Husband a t-shirt that says “You can’t scare me. I have a wife.” Very appropriate.

I finally got to hang out my washing and BGWLBH made a grazing platter for hers and AH’s lunch while I partially decluttered my wardrobe by removing a dozen tops/dresses to send to the local op shop. There is still much to do in that wardrobe but it was a good start.

I made myself some tea and we all sat under the Bali hut playing trivia until the footy started.

For dinner I made honey/chilli chicken thighs, stuffed zucchini from the garden, minted snow and snap peas from the garden and laksa spinach & tomato from the garden with a smattering of sultanas. It was all quite delicious and the plates were bare.

We are watching super Saturday football and currently hoping that Souths can continue their good form in the second half and beat the Cowboys. They are winning 14-6 at the moment.

I’m feeling quite weary after my early start and productive day.

Let me close with pics of my girls. I wish I could get down to visit them, but I’m concerned about VIC’s non acceptance of my vaccination status and how I might be treated once over the border. That govt is so unpredictable and given their strict mandates and policies, I don’t feel comfortable or safe travelling there yet.


I’m grateful for the regular pics that Vegan Chickie sends to me (I must find a new name to represent her current lifestyle choices - considering she hasn’t been vegan for a number of years now!).

Think I’m done.

Nite all.


No comments: