Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 26, 2022

Couldn’t Be Bothered


I didn’t post last night because I just couldn’t be bothered 😕 

I was still a bit out of sorts after the crappy food and 2 glasses of alcohol on Wednesday night and was feeling quite toxic inside my entire body. It was only lunch time today that I started to come good. Perhaps my meal wasn’t gluten free as promised? Who knows.

On top of that I had a serious case of vertigo which had improved somewhat by this morning but I still had a couple of dizzy moments upon waking.

I was able to rise at 10am and made myself a toasted ham, tomato and onion sandwich with a cup of tea which I ate under the Bali hut.

When Adoring Husband returned from his coffee date, he joined us and we played trivia until BGWLBH  decided to prepare a grazing platter for lunch.

At that same time I received a phone call from an X boyfriends Mum (let’s call her “Bren” because she will be keeping in touch) and surprisingly she had a lot of news, both past and present to pass on. We chatted for about 30 minutes.

By then, I had to get ready for a preplanned ‘meet up’ with a friend who’s trike I was going to purchase. Unfortunately, it wasn’t quite what I was expecting, so when she told me she’d had a couple of other enquires, I felt able to decline.

I was able to spend two lovely hours in her company (and her preciously divine fur kids) and we caught up on lots of news. 

While I was there another friend arrived unexpectedly and she joined us. I really enjoyed my time there and felt very welcomed. 

I was also happy to gift her a beautiful Serenade handbag that she had admired before I closed the shop and which I hadn’t sold in the closing down sale. She was very excited and pleased to be the recipient.

So it was well after 3pm when I left her house and on my way home I ran into a nearby neighbour who stepped outside for a chat and we talked for about 15 minutes ending the conversation with a tentative plan to meet for a drink and introduction to BGWLBH.

Ah was surprised to see me arrive without the trike and I caught him up on any news I thought he might be interested in.

I watched my quiz show and then made the marinate for tonight’s chicken - although it has become more a cooking sauce now.

AH cooked our dinner early and there were two games of footy on tonight. The second game was brutal with a surprising winner!

Now it’s almost 11pm and I’m ready to sleep.











Nite all.

No comments: