Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Time to Declutter

In the last month, I’ve purchased nine new tops and I haven’t removed anything from my wardrobe to make space so it’s time to declutter! My wardrobe is bursting at the seams!

Today was a fun girlie day. 

We drove into The Bay and wanted to put our lotto on but the system was down at the first newsagent we tried.

There was a nail salon nearby so we made an appointment for 3 weeks time. That’s how long they are booked out for! So I figure they must be pretty good.

We were starving hungry and we were going to try “Eat” with Dan & Steph & Emmy for a late breakfast but discovered it is closed on Tuesdays, so we decided on “Salt” cafe instead.

We ordered the usual bacon and poached eggs with GF bread, a pot of tea for me and a MEGA coffee for BGWLBH. We tried to take photos to show how big the coffee cup was but in every pic, it just looks like a normal cup …




There were 2.5 normal cups of coffee in that one mug!

Anyway, we enjoyed a very leisurely breakfast with great views …

After we paid the bill, we browsed through the gift shop next door and I tried on a few tops, one of which I purchased. 

After an extended conversation about blue kyanite with the shop owner, we walked down the steps and found “Luxe”.

BGWLBH was enamoured with the amazing art work adorning the walls and I selected 8 items of clothing from the racks and took them to the rear change rooms to try on. After receiving all the right advice from BGWLBH, I selected two of the 8 items and a silver bracelet.

The man serving us showed us a paint pour that he did with water colour which was very impressive and I’m sure we could have spent quite some time talking all things art but his daughter from Melbourne phoned and our conversation was cut short.

Next we went in search of somewhere to lodge our lotto and we just happened to come across a place right near Fire and Ice which is yet another clothing store for shopaholics like us!

It was there that I ran into Ms Stinger, an old customer of mine. We had a lot to catch up on and not enough time to do so, so we made tentative plans to meet next week.

BGWLBH had already done her shopping while I was talking so I did a quick skim through the shop and of course I found a top. A lovely emerald green linen top.

By now it was almost 1.30pm.

We went for a drive through some back streets and looked at the outside of a few homes that were for sale. It’s one of our favourite things to do - drive down back streets that we’re not familiar with and it’s  surprising the pretty areas you can find!

As usual, we chose the worst possible time to leave The Bay. It was right on school pick up time and it took 20 minutes to drive from Islander Rd to the turn off to Burrum Heads, a drive that would normally take about 3 minutes.

We decided on bangers and mash for dinner with greens out of the garden. Snap peas, snow peas, chard, kale and zucchini. Very healthful!

The wind has certainly picked up outside tonight so there is a strong cool breeze coming through the bedroom window - just the way I like it.

Time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: