Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Paradise

Another quiet day in paradise.

I got up at 10am and spent the first twenty minutes of my day searching for Adoring Husband’s reading glasses and car keys.

This is why I stay in bed so late … so that I don’t have to deal with this nonsense!

I made my breakfast and took it to the Bali hut where I sat with BGWLBH. AH was dealing with our financial advisor over the phone and of course had to include me so kept appearing every five minutes with another question.

Tomorrow, we have an appointment to sign paperwork, yet again … seems to be the story of our life.

I made poached eggs with avocado and fresh tomato from the garden for BGWLBH who is still struggling with her sinuses - triggered by an allergy to pumpkin seeds!

I squeezed in 20 minutes of art - still the octopus.

We played some TV trivia for about an hour.

I watched my quiz shows until the stupid news broke in to give us the Chris Dawson verdict and then just kept repeating the information over and over, never returning to show the end of my program - so freaking annoying!

For dinner I made chicken thighs done in thyme, lemon, garlic, mustard, ACV and maple syrup. Delicious!! Served with baked potato and sweet potato, and garlic butter snow peas with shaved zucchini and cherry tomatoes.

Phwoar! It was good!

Fruit whip made with frozen kiwi fruit, frozen mango, frozen banana, frozen pineapple, frozen passionfruit, coconut cream, salt and maple syrup. 

Also very good!

More trivia to be played before our shows came on.

A nice relaxing day and tomorrow will be a half day in The Bay after morning coffee with the girls.

I think there will be some more rain tomorrow too.



Nite all.

No comments: