Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Too Tired

I was too tired to write last night and slept for a solid nine hours!

Yesterday, we had coffee with the art girls and Adoring Husband picked me up at 10.15am to drive into town for an appointment.

For various reasons we had to turn around before we even reached the bowls club and it was necessary to phone and reschedule the appointment.

BGWLBH was kind enough to drive me to pick up the FROG box, but we were talking so much we were through Craignish, down the hill and on the straight heading to Eli Waters before we even realised that we missed the turn at Craignish traffic lights!!

It was hilarious really.

We got the box, checked the mail and bought a lamb rack from the butcher.

That pretty much wore us out.

I have to say that I’d had only 4.5 hrs sleep that night (Tuesday) which is why I was too tired to blog last night (Wednesday)! BGWLBH has a sinus infection so the drugs she takes wipes her out for hours at a time.

I cooked lamb rack, sweet potato mash, chard, spinach and snow peas for dinner. I made a mint sauce but it wasn’t much good. We followed that with fruit whip.

Today (Thursday), BGWLBH drove us into The Bay for our appointment and we made a stop at Bunnings for some garden stuff, including a navel orange tree which will be planted in the front garden and trained to grow flat against the fence.

We decided to stop at Salty Squid for takeaway lunch which unfortunately ended up being a huge disappointment for two of us. My calamari was delicious and tender, but my salad was wet and limp. The other two had chicken which was over cooked and tough.

The dessert that we selected - pear and blueberry tart - was absolutely beautiful but we didn’t realise that it had nuts, which BGWLBH is allergic, so she was sad to miss out. It was a bonus for AH and I because it meant we got extra!!

BGWLBH and AH were very conscientious in the garden after lunch, both of them asking me for assistance a couple of times. I wasn’t feeling so conscientious.

After our big disappointing lunch, dinner was a ‘throw together’ of leftovers. I wasn’t hungry so I heated the leftover lamb rack and mash, threw together a salad and took some fruit whip out of the freezer for the others.

AH and I watched a movie and then the football.

Now it’s sleep time again.

I love my bed.




Nite all.

No comments: