Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Can You Believe It?

Covid experts now debunked

It’s already March! Can you believe it?

Thursday (2nd March) will be the 44th anniversary of Jamie’s death. Jamie was my first born and he died of SIDS in 1979 at the age of 16 weeks. A lifetime ago, but sometimes still very fresh and raw.

This morning, after a play with Harley and a swim in the pool, I cooked up some vegetables and mixed them with raw mince to make up meal packs to freeze for Harley.

I had just enough time to get ready for coffee date with the art girls. Harley was very happy to climb into the basket of the trike and ride along with me. He’s almost too big for the basket so I may need to rethink that.

There were only three of us in attendance but it was beautiful weather and the conversation flowed for just over an hour. One of us had to leave for work and one was heading into The Bay so Harley and I were home by 10.30am.

Adoring Husband had just arrived home from his trip into The Bay where he had dropped off the ride on lawn mower for repair and picked up his new ‘made to order’ ladder from Bunnings.

BGWLBH and I drove to pick up the FROG box from Craignish and did some local grocery shopping for lunch.

BGWLBH created a beautiful fruit platter with zucchini slice, sliced ham and a couple of dips with crackers, which was lovely.

She spent lots of time in the art space creating some lovely work.

I lay on the couch with Harley for a while and then joined AH in the lounge room to watch my quiz shows. I was a bit late for my nap and woke at 5pm just in time to cook dinner - honey, lemon chilli chicken with crunchy buttered beans, carrot, zucchini and bacon.

I didn’t eat dinner. I felt very dehydrated so I drank a LOT of filtered water instead.

It’s almost 11.30pm so I should be asleep.





Nite all.


No comments: