Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Bad Dog!

When I got up to take Harley out this morning, Adoring Husband was draped on the couch in the family room. The same couch where I usually start my day having puppy cuddles.

So Harley gave AH morning cuddles instead and I decided to leave them to it and return to bed.

That was probably my first mistake.

The 2nd mistake was allowing him to swim in the pool and then locking him out of the house until he dried. He doesn’t like being locked out.

Harley, I’m certain, decided to find ways to punish me for the rest of the day.

He dug up three different plants out of their pots, found some paper towel and chewed it up in the back yard, peed ON the couch in the Bali hut (what the heck was THAT all about!?), stole a sock and dug his hole a bit deeper.

Everyone is cranky with Harley today.

I did some art today. Added a bit more to this one …

I watched my quiz shows and did NOT take a nap!

For dinner, crispy skinned chicken with a chilli pineapple sauce served with sweet potato chips and stir fried vegetables. I made a mushroom concoction but forgot to serve it so AH ate it while he cleaned up the kitchen.

We played trivia before the first NRL game of the season came on. Melbourne Storm defeated Parramatta Eels in a very close game that went into extra time.

Now it’s time to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: