Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 4, 2023

To Market

We arrived at Howard markets pretty close to 7am and found a parking space nice and close - which was a good thing because we had to offload our goodies 3 times!

We got:

  • some avocado oil hand and body lotion
  • some pure avocado oil
  • a bracelet for Chicklet which I’ll send with her next letter
  • 3 coloured concrete worms (yellow, purple and green) for the pool garden
  • a Hoya plant
  • 2 air plants
  • a plant similar to a chain of hearts
  • 5 mini succulents
  • a rattan bag
  • a pr of rainbow coloured overalls
  • a big bag of treats/goodies for Harley
  • HEAPS of fruit n veg including 3 pineapples (so sweet and juicy), a whole watermelon, dragon fruit, passionfruit, plums, grapes, apples, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, papaya and more.
  • Frozen mango cheeks
  • A mini poo bag holder
I think that’s all. I can’t remember.

There were so many dogs and their owners. I wish I’d taken Harley.

We started with take away coffee so that provided us with the energy to wander the markets for more than two hours and it was delicious!

We ran into a couple of people that we know and stopped for a brief chat.

Our plan was to go to Nikenbah markets on Sunday too but we found everything we needed at Howard so Sunday will probably be an art day for us instead.

When we arrived home, I unpacked everything, made bacon and eggs for BGWLBH and took Harley outside to play in the pool area for about an hour.

I prepared an early lunch and made myself comfortable for an afternoon of football.

I’ve only missed one game so far in the tipping comp!

I spent another 30 minutes playing with Harley before cooking dinner. We each had a different meal. I had 1/4 of a papaya. AH had crumbed fish with mash and stir fried vegetables and BGWLBH had chilli chicken with the same vegetables.

Now it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: