Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Drop Off Pick Up

This morning, Adoring Husband caught the train to Brisbane to see the Professor for his regular PD checkup so I was awake at 4am.

Harley joined us in the car and was very well behaved both ways.

At home, I was hoping to catch up on some sleep but Harley wouldn’t have a bar of it so we ended up in the pool area playing fetch.

He helped me spill half a cup of tea over myself so I decided to go swimming in my t-shirt and leggings. The water was lovely and I swam quite a few laps while Harley dropped the ball for me to throw at each end.

When we’d had enough, I fed him and then cooked breakfast for BGWLBH and I.

I attempted to do some art but I was so tired I had to go lie down.  Slept for 2 hours!

I watched my quiz shows and cooked tuna patties with salad for dinner and then we all piled into the car to pick AH up from the train station. The train was running a bit late so Harley and I wandered around the grounds to keep him occupied. He loved it.

So it’s been a long day.

Time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: