Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Steamy Tonight

I just walked outside and the air is oppressively hot and steamy.

27°C at 9.30pm with 91% humidity.

Ugh.

The air conditioner will definitely be staying on tonight!

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay early hoping to catch the markets but because of the rain, there were only food and beverage stalls open.

We made the most of them and purchased fresh eggs, raw honey, asparagus, berries, apples, pears, pineapples, kombucha (pineapple and ginger), some toxin neutraliser and a bottle of colloidal grape seed detoxifier.

Before we hit the markets, we had breakfast at ‘Salt’ cafe which was delicious, as always.

Our appointment at the nail salon was still over an hour away, so we drove to Pialba where I purchased my weekly lotto tickets, some coconut water and another stack of mixed berries. We walked over to Big W and browsed through Rivers to kill some time.

At the nail salon, I had a male attend to my pedicure and as soon as he removed my nail polish, I could see the damage to my nails. They were completely white where the nail polish had been, raised and very fragile. He used a blade to scrape the top layer of my nail off and I suggested that I rest them from nail polish, to which he agreed.

The only place that this damage could have occurred, is right there in the salon. I think it’s some kind of fungal problem - HE tells that I have a mineral deficiency and should take some tablets to strengthen my hair and nails and then showed me pictures of the bottles which I can get from any chemist … apparently.

What I WILL do, is paint my nails with good quality apple cider vinegar and watch my nails repair themselves and I will NEVER use that salon again.

I asked him to give me a decent foot massage to make up the time but he had a weak touch and obviously massaging was not his forte. Very disappointing.

I was still required to pay the $40.

Across the road I found a little salon that does every type of massage you can imagine, including a 30 minute foot massage for $40. THAT’S where I’m going next time!

We were home before 1pm and while I unpacked all the goodies, BGWLBH made her lunch. I ate the leftover chicken wings from last night and then parked my butt on the couch ready for the footy.

In the middle of the footy, I spent 45 minutes with Harley having cuddles and playing fetch and I prepared crumbed chicken with fresh coleslaw and sweet potato chips for dinner.

It’s now almost 10pm but feels like midnight because I’m struggling to keep my eyes open!

Time to sleep.








Nite all. 

No comments: