Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Minor Injury (hopefully)

In 1998 they called it summer - now they paint everything red and call it extreme weather...

I walked Harley for an hour this morning and he has definitely improved. He still attempted to chase a couple of cars and a cyclist, but he also ignored the majority of cars and cyclists!


My next trick will be to make him disinterested in other dogs.

We played around the pool area for 20 minutes so that he could cool down.

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay for the day and I was excited to find my dairy free magnums on sale for half price so I bought 4 boxes of them. Yum.

This afternoon while playing fetch with Harley, he jumped VERY high to catch a bouncing ball and he landed awkwardly on his hind legs - the back left leg specifically. He left the ball and came over to me, sitting at my legs and leaning against me, panting heavily.

The first joint of his left leg is now very tender. He’s walking ok, but when I touch it, he pulls it away quickly. I’ll see how it is tomorrow and decide whether we need to consult the vet.

For dinner, I finished crumbing the other three pieces of chicken and served them with sweet potato and potato chips as well as coleslaw.

We watched Cronulla annihilate St George in the footy - great for our tips.

Now it’s suddenly 11.30pm and I need to sleep!






Nite all.

No comments: