Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 30, 2023

Unplanned Trip

How is it possible for a whale to breastfeed her baby in the middle of the ocean, yet there is no direct contact between the two? The answer lies in the composition of the milk. You see, when this young whale is ready to feed, the mother releases her milk directly into the water while her child is near, but because whale milk has such a high-fat content, it does not dissolve in the water. Instead this thick and sticky form of milk just kind of sits there for the baby to feed on.

Photography: Mike Korostelev

To aid in his healing, I rested Harley today and we didn’t walk. I still took him in the pool area after breakfast and gently tossed the ball short distances so that he could satisfy his need for fetching without putting stress on his left hind leg.

Afterwards, BGWLBH and I decided to head into The Bay (again) to book our first whale watching trip (end of July), to shop at Go Natural, to pick up some King Kong goodies, fill up the car with fuel, purchase some work necessities for Adoring Husband, go via the Happy Hippy’s house to grab our usual order of fresh eggs and then stop at the butcher for our weekly meat order.

It’s school holiday time so it’s very busy in town. The traffic is frantic and there are queues in every store, kids everywhere and frustrated parents.

Ugh.

We were late home. Just in time to make the chicken marinade, have cuddles with Harley and put my feet up with a cup of tea before dinner.

The two footy games were a disaster for all our tips this week.

It’s a chilly night and now I need to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: