Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 26, 2023

Touristy

Harley and I walked this morning.

There was great improvement in his attitude although cyclists seem to be on the top of his hit list this week.

I managed this obsession pretty well for the first half of the walk, reinforcing his good behaviour with big love and a treat every so often.

But then we came across some kids. Tourists. Staying with grandparents on the waterfront and riding their bicycles back and forth along the concrete path and the dirt track going in the other direction.

Harley controlled himself really well until one of the little shits rode straight at him and veered suddenly when she got within about three feet of us.

He almost pulled ME into the path of the bike trying to attack her. I yelled to her “Try that again and I’ll shove you off the bike myself!”

I was so angry.

We walked for an hour and then played around the pool for 20 minutes.

By then, I was exhausted 😩 

I had cooked the others’ breakfast before I left, so after the walk, I made myself a toasted sandwich with leftover lamb roast, tomato, onion and beetroot and a nice hot cup of tea.

I plonked myself on the couch and watched a couple of hours of “Stranger Things”.

I attempted to have a nap in my bed from 1pm but couldn’t quite get there.

I gave Harley 30 minutes of play time in the afternoon before preparing a chilli chicken and mango pasta dish for dinner.

It’s not even 9.30pm but feels like 11pm! I think I need to sleep now.







Nite all.

No comments: