Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Happy Meditation

Had a crappy start to my day.

I stayed in bed for as long as possible before getting up to prepare for my meditation morning. I didn’t factor in time for feeding Harley because Adoring Husband is usually up and offers to feed him if I have something planned.

Unfortunately AH was NOT up so I had to defrost Harley’s food while I got dressed and then feed him.

Nobody was out of bed and Harley was very unhappy watching me leave.

Leaving was an issue in itself!!

I discovered AH had parked his work trailer right in front of the gates. I could barely manoeuvre my trike around it and it took some very clever back and forth shifting to get it past the trailer, then further shifting to get the gate opened wide enough to get out.

Thank goodness I was going to meditation because boy did I need it to calm down!

After all that time consuming mucking around, I arrived at meditation just before the doors closed.

It was a perfect session of meditation and just what I needed to bring me back to a peaceful state.

Hoop Qi followed and I must say I’m thoroughly enjoying this gentle exercise. I’ve bought myself a light hula hoop so that I can practice it at home - that’s if I can remember the routine haha.

I got to spend a couple of quality hours with The Gypsy afterwards and I arrived home at almost 1pm and still feeling peaceful.

Thanks to AH, there was a vase full of beautiful sunflowers waiting for me at home.

Taco Tuesday tonight so a nice easy dinner.

Now it’s time to sleep.









Nite all.

No comments: