Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 24, 2023

All About Me

It felt like a busy morning for me.

I cooked breakfast as usual.

I played with Harley for an hour, as usual.

I watered all of the gardens and potted plants for an hour - NOT usual for me - usually BGWLBH’s domain, but she is still out of action.

I played with Harley for another 20 minutes.

I made myself some breakfast and a cup of tea and sat down for an hour.

I took washing off the line and hung out a load, then washed Harley’s bedding.

I changed the protective covers on the couch after Harley had chewed a ‘bloody’ bone on it.

I played with Harley for another 20 minutes until 2pm.

I parked my butt on the couch until 4.30pm when I prepared dinner. Honey, garlic, lemon chicken with boiled buttered potatoes, snow peas and green beans.

I am currently watching Penrith get smashed by Parramatta, but I feel a comeback is about to begin!

I will now stop beginning my paragraphs with ‘I’ and sign off.






Nite all.

No comments: