Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Christmas Prepped

BGWLBH and I drove to the Australiana Cottage Crafts at Takura this morning.

I grabbed a couple of Christmas gifts from their extensive array of crafty goodness and we did a tour of the property looking at the chickens, roosters, ducks, geese, budgies, guinea pigs, sheep and other creatures.

They had a large selection of herbs and plants to choose from as well as a shed full of garden ornaments from pelicans, chickens, frogs, dogs, angels, hands, emus, flowers etc.

It has the potential to be a tourist destination of value, but it’s old and worn, overgrown and broken down and just a bit sad.

The craft shop is pretty amazing though.

It didn’t open until 10am and we spent a good 90 minutes there.

We then drove to Office Works getting every red light along the way 🫤

That’s where I found some more arty gifts for Christmas presents. Time doesn’t exist when we are at Office Works, our favourite store.

We did a small Coles shop, browsed through Rivers and Big W and the dress shop, checked and renewed our lotto tickets and then decided to visit ‘Choice’ and spend up on art and craft goodies.

All the fun stuff to help create/fill my art journal. I did spend a lot. They had an enormous range of Halloween paraphernalia too and it was difficult to leave it all on the shelf.

We wanted to drop by the orchid show at one of the schools, but we were so exhausted from shopping we decided to put that off until tomorrow.

This afternoon, I cooked a very early dinner so that I could watch Carlton and Brisbane Lions play the AFL preliminary final. I didn’t care who won because they are both my teams.

Brisbane Lions will play AH’s team, Collingwood, next week in the Grand Final.

Straight after that was Broncos against NZ Warriors. Broncos won easily so they play Penrith Panthers next week in the Grand Final.

With my teams playing in both Grand Finals, it will be an exciting weekend for me!

My Christmas shopping is almost complete! Just a couple more purchases and I’ll be done!

Best get some sleep now. After a good night of sleep, my shoulder was much improved this morning and I’m hoping that one more night should fix it.








Nite all.

No comments: