Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 22, 2023

Considering Options

Deep Brain Stimulation

Adoring Husband had his 6 monthly visit to the Parkinson’s Professor in Brisvegas yesterday.

We are now considering the next option of Deep Brain Stimulation.

So many ‘fors’ and so many ‘againsts’.

There is a lot to consider and still a lot to know and learn.

Thank you Universe for providing something new to stress about. I appreciate your generosity.

Meanwhile, I have hurt my shoulder. I should say that Harley hurt my shoulder. My left shoulder blade has been screaming at me since around midday today. It was niggling last night and early this morning, but by lunch time it was full on stabbing pain whenever I moved in certain directions.

The trick is to NOT move in those directions!

Easier said than done.

I hope that when I wake up tomorrow morning, the pain will have eased or disappeared.

I spent three hours with The Gypsy this morning.

We were supposed to be practicing a hoop chi routine that we’ve agreed to present to a group in October, but with my niggling shoulder, I decided not to push it.

Instead, I had a counselling session and a meditation after which we shared coffee and gluten free treats.

It was healing.

BGWLBH spent the day in The Bay, while AH spent the day sleeping in his chair recovering from an eleven hour day of travel.

Tonight Penrith Panthers defeated Melbourne Storm and will be playing in their 4th Grand Final in a row. Now we wait for tomorrow nights game where my beloved Brisbane Broncos play New Zealand Warriors to determine who play the Panthers in said Grand Final.

I am sitting up in bed watching Collingwood play GWS in the AFL preliminary final and tomorrow, my two AFL teams, Carlton and Brisbane Lions play each other to see who goes into the Grand Final with tonight’s winner.

It’s all happening!

Now I need to find a comfortable position in bed to reduce the discomfort in my shoulder so that I can sleep.

Wish me luck!






Nite all.

No comments: