Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Witchy Poo

The annual Witches Markets were on in Howard today.

We attended the first year and then missed last year. We thought we’d missed this year too, but I messed up the dates, so when I realised my error, we were pleased not to have missed it after all.

We arrived right on 10am which was the supposed starting time, but the car parks were almost full and there were people everywhere.

The far end was our chosen starting point - at the coffee van - BUT right next door to that was a CoYo Dairy Free coconut ice cream or yoghurt van! So I veered to the right and ordered a small tub of pina colada ice cream which involved vanilla ice cream, crushed pineapple and toasted coconut.

To die for.

I’m drooling just from the memory.

There were many rows of stalls selling everything we love and all related to witches, hippies, fairies, steampunk and old world.

Candles, signs, jewellery, crystals and gemstones, lamps, macrame, Meade of all different flavours, crystal wands, dragons and skulls, witches potions, essential oils, pouches, hats, aprons, plants and pots, dried herbs of all descriptions, hanging mobiles, treasure chests, books and journals, arts and crafts, head massages, shoulder massages, psychic readings, card readings, spirit readings, spirit art and so much more.

I bought gifts for Vegan Chickie and Chicklet and me (of course).

The men who make the giant wizard wands and staffs take orders for walking sticks! So when I’m ready, I’m going to order a wand with giant crystals, braids, ribbons and feathers. I’ll be the coolest elderly disabled person in town!






There were lots of people dressed up as witches and warlocks, wizards, fairies, steampunk and whatever their imaginations allowed. Lots of kids dressed up too.

I had every intention of taking pics today but I was totally distracted and immersed in the vibe so it completely slipped my mind.

We were only gone from the house for less than two hours but I thoroughly enjoyed myself meeting puppy dogs and seeing old friends, learning about different crystals in jewellery and even alcohol tasting (Meade) at 10.30 in the morning! Shocking!

After we arrived home, we jumped in our car so that Adoring Husband could go for his first drive since surgery. We drove around the new estates in town.

I asked AH to cook some snags on the barby for my lunch and planted myself on the couch to watch an old Adam Sandler movie.

I had 30 minutes to kill before the footy started so AH drove me to clean the loos. This way I don’t have to return over the weekend and AH will take his job back on Tuesday morning! Wahoo!

A disappointing game of footy by the baby Broncos tonight, who were convincingly beaten by the Warriors. No excuse that their State of Origin players were being rested.

My tipping is still abysmal and I only have one correct so far this week, out of four.

Ugh 😩 

It was fend for yourself night for dinner and AH decided to buy grilled fish and chips from the local take away. For $7.50 he received this tiny piece of cod …

Certainly not meal enough for a man. We won’t return.

Now it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: