Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 28, 2024

Worthy Winners

Congratulations to the Queensland State of Origin girls for their amazing win over NSW last night..

Congratulations to the NSW State of Origin men’s team for their heavy hitting, dirty play that led to their win on Wednesday night. (That’s for Adoring Husbands benefit)

Thursday was still recovery day from crab purging. I needed to rehydrate and rest up to regain some energy.

By the end of the day, I was ok to go do the cleaning for Adoring Husband and cook my chicken pot pie for dinner. We played some trivia before watching the girls win State of Origin.

Today would have been my Mum’s 84th birthday …


Today, BGWLBH invited me into town and I needed to get some healing goodies for AH who has been coughing, sneezing and blowing his nose since he returned from hospital.

I’ve been dosing him up with colloidal minerals, colloidal silver, probiotics, Manuka honey and now olive leaf extract, fisherman’s friends and strepsils. He’s remained pretty stable without falling into the abyss of full blown man flu.

We drove in at about 9.30am and decided to have breakfast at OCD on the esplanade. They were a bit slow, the staff were very friendly and the food was acceptable. Nothing flash and reasonably priced but by the time we were served and we’d finished our breakfast, it was almost lunch time!

It was a good day and the weather was glorious. Considering it’s school holidays, it wasn’t too busy. On the way home we stopped at Farm Gate, the chemist, the butcher and the supermarket and it was 3pm when we pulled in the driveway.

AH cooked dinner and I did the cleaning at the loos. Just five more sleeps and he’s back at work wahoo!

I’m very unhappy that Bulldogs defeated Sharks tonight. I’ve been tipping Bulldogs every week and I ALMOST changed my tips before the game but decided against it. They won by one point!

Tomorrow is the Witches Market in Howard so it’s time to sleep.








Nite all.

No comments: