Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Almost Normal

Wednesday was quiet and restful.

BGWLBH went to The Bay, Adoring Husband spent quality time in the yard working on his “to do” list and I triked to Heart of Gold’s house to give her the castor oil that I’d forgotten to give her on Tuesday, then rode to the shops where I bought meat for dinner and a few groceries from the supermarket.

It was Adoring Husband’s turn to cook dinner but he had no ideas so I suggested shepherd’s pie. He did a great job and we each enjoyed our own little casserole dish of pie.

I’ve been sleeping soundly at night and napping lightly during the day so my body has been healing nicely.

Today (Thursday) I even did some housework and a few loads of washing.

I washed Harley’s bedding and almost made a whole new Harley with all the dog hair on the carpet and in his bedding!

I packaged up a parcel of goodies to send to my Melbourne family.

I counted $46 in 5c, 10c and 20c pieces from a money tin in my wardrobe.

I finally bagged the pile of clothes that I’d decluttered from my wardrobe weeks ago that had been sitting on the floor all that time.

It was a solid 3 hours of housework, after which I cooked myself some GF dim sims for lunch and then planted my butt on the couch.

AH had driven into town to lodge his final health care claim for the DBS surgery. It took 8 weeks and 6 phone calls to get the neurologist’s office to email the final invoice. Yesterday’s phone call was the last straw and AH let out all of his frustrations at the receptionist.

Within the hour, he had the result he’d hoped for.

I made large lamb curry puffs for dinner …


… accompanied by rocket, pear and haloumi salad. They were delicious and everyone went back for seconds, even me!

We played trivia for an hour.

Now, I am absolutely beat.






Nite all.

No comments: