Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Heart of Gold

At 10am, Heart of Gold pulled into my driveway to pick me up for our planned play date.

Because we are so well known in our community, we decided to drive over to Howard for coffee at the Naughty Coffee Cafe, so that there would be less chance of being interrupted by well meaning locals.

Unfortunately, we arrived to discover that the cafe was closed!

So we drove up to the supermarket to visit an old friend (who used to work at our local post office) who haven’t seen for a year. She was very busy so we didn’t get to chat for long, but I left with a tentative lunch plan for some time in the not too distant future.

We decided to head over to Bambooland for coffee.

It’s so lovely there. The sound of wind blowing through the bamboo plants, the birds singing, the water features trickling away and the sunlight filtering through the tall bamboo.

We found a table in partial sunlight and sat with our chai and tea chatting away for an hour or so.

From there, we did a quick stop at the op shop in Howard and returned to the supermarket to purchase the CoYo dairy free ice cream that I’d spotted earlier.

When we arrived at home, Heart of Gold came in to check out the big bag of shoes that I’d decluttered from my shoe drawers. She selected 4 pairs, all of which I’d only worn once and also accepted a beautiful black evening top that I offered.

It was a lovely morning but it left me feeling drained. Two weeks of illness has taken its toll and my body has pretty low stamina right now. I’m too old for this s#@t.

Home made pizzas for dinner tonight. Easy and quick.

Two mentions for tomorrow.

Bubbles is celebrating her 40th birthday in Sydney with her BFF. I can’t believe my baby is 40!


I know she’ll have the best time with her BFF. They have a strong connection and unbreakable bond that is hard to find in friendships. They are lucky to have each other.

Happy birthday Bubbles.

The second is a celebration of life for The Duchess.

I was hoping to be well enough to attend that celebration with Best Cousin in the World but there’s no way I could manage ten hours of travel as well as a couple of hours of high emotion.

Instead, from afar, I’m sending my love to her family, letting them know that they are in my thoughts and I feel sad that I can’t be with them. Warmest hugs to you all.

Nite all.


No comments: