Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 23, 2024

Happy Adoring Husband

Adoring Husband received his early Father’s Day AND birthday present today.

He researched, drove into the Bay yesterday to inspect a few, made a decision overnight and drove back into the Bay today to purchase and pick up.

It’s a new Beefmaster barbecue …

By the time I arrived home from The Bay, myself, he had already spent 4 hours assembling the damned thing and then with help from me for another 90 minutes, it’s still NOT assembled!

Thank goodness I will have a visitor in the morning and AH has an extended coffee date to farewell a friend from town, so it will be a nice break from the dumbass barbecue.

AH has gone to bed early, feeling sorry for himself, aching all over and suffering with hand cramps. It’s a weighty, solid piece of equipment and heavy going for one man to manage.

One thing I know for sure, is that AH will be cooking dinner every night next week!

BGWLBH and I had a nice day in The Bay and visited Farm Gate on the way home for some organic fruit and veg, Manuka honey, chilli jam, sourdough bread and other goodies.

I’m doing well in the footy tipping so far this week. Two out of two.

Now I’m off to do Friday Falafel and then get some sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: