Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Catching Up

What a lovely morning we had at the Lions Park!

I took a table cloth, crackers and dip and GF Tim Tams as well as my tea.

There were six of us in attendance and we sat at a table with shelter right by the water.

The weather was glorious and it wasn’t even too hot in the direct sunlight.

We all took turns talking about what we’ve been doing for the past year. There was much laughter and teasing and fun to be had and two and a half hours had passed by the time we decided to go our separate ways.

They are a great group of girls and we’ve planned for a lunch at the Bowls Club next month and a couple of us will be whale watching on Saturday week.

I cooked my lunch when I got home and watched a movie on Prime Video called “Jackpot”. It was a terrible movie but within 30 minutes I was invested in the final outcome so I watched it til the end. It was silly and an ok way to kill 90 minutes.

Tonight’s dinner was curry puffs made with the leftover chicken mix from the last two nights. I just added green curry powder to the mix and loaded up puff pastry triangles. They were delicious and I made a broccoli/strawberry salad and coleslaw to serve with it.

We played trivia before Thank God You’re Here came on.

Now I’m exhausted so it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: