Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Too Everything

I may have overdone it today.

I had to pedal right across town to meditation. 

The usual location is booked out on this date every year, so we either cancel meditation, or, like today, move somewhere else.

Today we moved across town to the park with the chapel frame, that sits right on the beach. There are paper bark trees, eucalyptus trees, pine trees, grevillea and more scattered throughout the park providing lots of shade and places for all types of birds to play.

I saw kookaburras nesting in a hole in one of the trees!

The weather was glorious with a soft breeze blowing through the leaves, scattered clouds floating across the sky and the tide was high but on its way out so the rhythmic sound of water lapping onto the sand while we meditated was so relaxing.

We did hoop qi gong afterwards. The weather was warming up and lots of people with children (it’s school holidays) started walking through the park and onto the beach.

As usual, I was doing my own thing with the extra tricks and moves that The Gypsy showed me, before she began instructing the others. I’m surprised every week, at how much trouble the others are having with their timing and coordination. I think they are so worried about not ‘getting’ it, that it affects their confidence and abilities.

The Gypsy and I sat for two hours chatting afterwards. The problem was that the picnic tables are not in the shade of the trees, so we sat in the direct sun and I think it affected me because I’ve felt unwell all afternoon and have been in bed since 3.30pm.

Luckily, I had a whole lasagne in the freezer, so I threw that in the oven and took BGWLBH up on her offer to make a salad. I didn’t eat dinner and returned to bed once it was served.

Too much sun. Too much pedalling. Too much hooping. I have to remember that I’m 64, daily very inactive and even though I had a hat, two hours in the direct sun is not smart.

So now I’m going to sleep it off and hopefully wake up refreshed and ready for a day in The Bay.



Nite all.

No comments: