Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 19, 2024

3 x 6 Hours

I am absolutely and completely exhausted!

As are Adoring Husband and BGWLBH.

Today, it took three of us six hours to clear and rearrange my art studio. I decided, after the new glass doors were installed, that a fresh clean start was what I needed to get back into my creativity. A new look with lots of natural light and a better flow was needed.

We tossed three bags of rubbish and two mini bins of recycle rubbish - which, all things considered, isn’t too bad!

We reconfigured the layout and now it just seems more spacious, with a better flow and better energy.

Not quite finished yet, just a few loose ends to tidy up, but we love it.




Every bone, every joint and every muscle in our bodies are aching tonight and we are dreading the possible pain that we will be suffering after a good nights sleep!

We moved almost every piece of furniture, emptied out drawers and rearranged them in the cube unit, moved my desk and the side cabinet.

We took the big floor mats out and shook them before replacing them in a different direction and turned the tables 90°.

We moved the big storage boxes into a corner, cleared and rearranged the top of the cube units, removed the tea/coffee area (because we’ve never actually used it for that purpose) and added another table to hold the resources that we use regularly.

After we moved the tables, there was enough space to make a little sitting area to have tea/coffee and watch the world go by. I’m glad I kept the old retro lounge chairs from the shop. They look cool and are very comfy.

There’s a big palm tree across the road that sounds wonderful when the wind blows and today we had a lovely breeze blowing through the screen doors.

As BGWLBH stated “We should be well pleased with our efforts!”

Adoring Husband was both a help and a hindrance. There was much yelling and swearing by me - deservedly so!

He made us good coffee when we’d finished and went to order and pick up takeaway for dinner which BGWLBH shouted.

I doubt that I could have mustered the energy to cook.

There has been a lot of grunting, gasping, moaning and groaning this evening and we’ve all retired to bed early.

I’m looking forward to some quality time in the new art space over the weekend.






Nite all.

No comments: