Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Beautiful one day ... perfect the next!

What a glorious day in our patch of paradise today!  It started out quite chilly, because Adoring Husband who had to go to work at 5.30am, came home and pulled the doona tight around my chin saying "Stay in bed!  It's only 8 degrees outside!"

I don't usually feel the cold but I did wear a vest over my sleeveless dress today.  The sun was shining all day and there was a slight breeze blowing which gave the locals a bit of a chill but this is perfect weather for me!  It reached a healthy 23C degrees.

I've had some lovely play times with little Chicklet today.  We explored the front and back gardens again,  talked to the lovely laying chookies, checked out the jewellery making area, discussed the issue of world peace and told each other some little secrets.

We are getting along very nicely!  Thank you for asking!

Adoring Husband played golf today and got to use his new cart, which we have now named "Carter".  Not the fastest cart on the course, especially with two big lugs like Adoring Husband and his golfing buddy 'Green Door' in tow.

Soon, Carter will have a few new accessories to spruce him up and he will be the envy of many!

Adoring Husband with the beloved 'Carter'
Tomorrow the weather will continue to be glorious and I will be playing golf Carter-less because I play golf for the exercise and don't require a cart :o)  (for now)

The bare-chested chef has been having a wonderful time in our kitchen almost all day and is preparing a super delicious pasta dish with freshly made pasta - OF which I will take photos later - OVER which I am sure you will drool with envy!

No words can describe how delightful this meal was!

It's not just the weather that's beautiful one day, perfect the next!

No comments: