Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blogger Bombed Briefly!

I try so hard to post something new every single day, but for the last twenty four hours, Blogger has had a known problem that has prevented me from communicating via my blog.  Boo hiss :o(

Yesterday was my first full day with the family.  Chicklet was a little unsettled, but even feeling unsettled, she was perfectly fine and hardly made a sound.

The psychotic dogs are still just as psychotic as ever - very jumpy - every little sound sets them off.  People walking by the house sets them off.  Adoring Husband talking loudly on the phone (why do men do that?) sets them off.

They've even begun to fight among themselves because the new dog (Chicklet) in the house seems to have forced a change in the pecking order.  The oldest and the youngest dogs have decided to fight for the role of Alpha dog.  Quite disturbing really.  They'll get over it eventually.

As The Bare-chested Chef asked "Who is actually behind bars?  Chicklet or the Psychotic Dogs?"

Curiouser and Curiouser
Vegan Chickie, Chicklet and I had a lovely few hours together today while The Bare-chested Chef and Adoring Husband drove down south to pick up a second hand car.  Now the new family have a safe family car in which to  travel about.

We took Chicklet outside for some Vitamin D and introduced her to the veggie garden and the Lovely Laying Chooks.  It was all very interesting for her and very tiring, so she has had a few short naps today.  She missed her Daddy and was very happy to see him when he returned home.

Adoring Husband came home with a second hand golf cart so he is also very happy and is currently researching,  investigating and trolling the internet for all of the information available for his particular brand of cart.

All I know is that it's maroon ... so the Queenslander in me is pretty happy :o)

So tomorrow will be a big day for the new family when they go into The Bay to begin establishing themselves as residents of Australia again.  New bank accounts, medicare, driver's licence etc etc.

For the next two nights,  The Bare-chested Chef will be practising his culinary skills in our kitchen, so dinner will be exciting and different!  Yummo!

Except for a day without Blogger, all is right with the world and I am a happy Bella :o)

No comments: