Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's All About the Shopping!

Oh the shopping ... we lurve the shopping!

We left bright and early on Saturday morning so that we could stop at Eumundi Markets on the way to the Gold Coast.  We were early enough to get a good parking spot and we were so early, that at the first three stalls, our purchases were their first for the day!

Eumundi markets are HUGE and people drive for miles on the weekends to attend them.  There are buskers on every corner and the market stalls are many and varied, selling everything you can think of.

Jams and chilli concoctions, jewellery, beautiful artworks, home made clothes for babies, children, women and men, tie-dyes, pottery, woodwork, fresh produce, make-up, home made soaps, knitwear, hats, musical instruments, scented candles, ceramics, natural therapies and fresh cooked foods from all different cultures, just to name a few!

We spent about three hours wandering around and bought some cute clothes for little Chicklet among other things ... poor Adoring Husband was my pack horse carrying around all the bags of goodies before we decided to hit the road and head for the Gold Coast.

Five minutes before we found our motel, we drove past Harbour Town!

Now Harbour Town is similar to a DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) and I LURVE Harbour Town.  It's my favourite shopping place on the Gold Coast!

So we checked into our apartment and headed straight back to Harbour Town!  Another three hours of shopping!  I was in heaven ***sigh*** As a bonus, the 'end of financial year' sales were on!  How much luckier could I be!?

Poor Adoring Husband was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day after lugging around all of my shopping from both ventures!  He hardly had the energy to get ready for the big party.

Lots of clothes for me ... to replace the bag of old clothes that I took from my wardrobe to give to Lifeline (or similar) last week!  Warmer clothes to take with me to Griffith when I travel there in a couple of weeks.

Then on Sunday morning, after the party was well and truly over, and we started our journey home, we discovered the new Westfield at Northlakes, just north of Brisbane.

It too, was huge with so many specialty stores plus one of my favourite department stores, Myer :o)

We spent about two hours shopping there and only saw a fraction of the shops at the centre.  I got myself a lovely pair of tan boots and we found some cookware that we've been looking for online.

Adoring Husband is the best male shopper that I know!  Thank goodness he's mine!  He doesn't get impatient and he really gets involved in the process, just like one of the girls (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!).

So aside from the great 30th birthday party on Saturday night and catching up with friends and family...

The birthday boy, Jovial Son, in the centre wearing the white t-shirt and standing beside Adoring Husband/Father
.... it was all about the shopping!  We lurve the shopping!

No comments: