Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rained Out at the Tennis!

It seems that I just don't have the stamina for Wimbledon the way I used to!

Once upon a time, I could sit up all night ... or at the very least have a couple of 15 minute power naps through the night so that I would see all of the tennis available to me on whatever station it was being shown on.

These days, I am dozing in the chair by 10.30pm, and missing long snippets of the tennis.

I will attempt to save my stamina for the more worthy games ... that is any match with an Aussie playing and any quarter finals and beyond.  The morning news will just have to provide me with most of the results.

I should do what my Mum used to do.  Record all of the tennis and then start watching it in the mornings when she woke up and fast forwarding through the ads or the boring games that she wasn't interested in.

That would mean NOT watching or listening to any news prior to sitting down!

Updated photos of little Chicklet who is growing up before my very eyes!

Babies seem so much older at 4 months these days, compared to when mine were this age.

So cute!
... in the meantime, I simply MUST go to bed.

Good night all!

No comments: