Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Multi-cultural Day

Today, we attended the Childers Multi-cultural Festival!

http://bundaberg.qld.gov.au/discover/events/childers-festival

Every year, the last weekend in July, is set aside for this festival.

Adoring Husband and I have now been to three out of the last four festivals and have really enjoyed ourselves each time.

The food didn't seem as good or as varied as the last few years, but there were lots of market stalls and we were able to buy Chicklet lots of lovely baby hippie clothes.

We even got a couple of little dresses!  A lovely deep purple coloured dress and a little shift with a bright red apple pattern.

After a couple of hours walking, we stopped to rest and listen to some music.
There was lots of musical entertainment and we sat down to listen to 'Twine' for about half an hour.

Twine.
There were lots of people sitting down listening to the music and couple of adults and a few kids were up dancing at different times.

Enjoying the atmosphere.
The 'Brass Monkeys' played after them, but we only heard a little of them as we walked around some more.

This interesting character was selling bongo drums and other interesting instruments as well as having his photo taken with almost everybody who walked by.

Vegan Chickie has a while to go before her dreadlocks are as long as this character's!
We didn't have a program, so most of our day was spent wandering through the market stalls and spending our money.

Little Chicklet had a lovely time in her new stroller and even had a little nap.  She also spent some time in her baby carrier (I think it's an Ergo Baby Carrier?).  She was very happy all day long, smiling and talking and checking out the people.

She's so lovely.
I believe she was probably the happiest little cutie pitootie there!

After four hours, we still hadn't seen everything, but we were done.  We packed all of our goods into the cars and found our way home.

Next year, I think we will print a copy of the program and perhaps plan our day, so that we get to see more of the entertainment.

I'm glad we got to share it with the Bare-chested Chef, Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.  It was a lovely day!

Nite all.

PS  Bubbles is coming to visit after all!  She will be here from Thursday to Monday next week and we are all very excited!

No comments: