Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Family Day Out

Today, when it was suggested that we all go into The Bay for a shopping day, we realised that The Bare-chested Chef had gone to work with the baby car seat still in the back of the car.

Vegan Chickie volunteered to stay at home while Adoring Husband, Bubbles and I went shopping, but we all agreed that we didn't like that idea.

Adoring Husband then decided to drive into The Bay to where The Bare-chested Chef was working, to get the car seat, and then drive all the way back home to pick us up, and take us BACK into The Bay for our lunch and shopping day.

THAT is why I named him 'Adoring Husband'.  In the interest of everybody's happiness, he sometimes performs tricks that most other husbands wouldn't!

'Salt', on The Esplanade, was our place of choice for lunch.  It's a lovely restaurant on the waterfront.  I had the duck while the others had fish, and for a beverage, we all selected various flavours of thick shakes.

It was quite delicious and the atmosphere was very nice.  It was a late lunch and we were lucky enough to be joined near the end by The Bare-chested Chef who had finished work early today.



Little Chicklet was as cute as a button, as always.  She started out in a gorgeous purple dress that we had bought her at the Childers Festival last weekend, but decided to throw up on it just before we left.  So a quick change saw her in everybody's favourite black and white striped tights and a t-shirt.

I think she had a lovely time out with everyone... especially with Aunty Bubbles, who is trying to teach her how to 'baby high five', and hopes to have succeeded by the time she leaves on Monday.

There are no big plans for tomorrow, but we will be together, and that's what counts.

Nite all.

No comments: