Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baby High Five Day!

Adoring Husband went to golf today to play in the Club Championships.

The Bare-chested Chef went to work today.

Vegan Chickie, Bubbles, Chicklet and I stayed at home and watched DVDs together and ate fish and chips for lunch.

We watched Finding Nemo, Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse.

I took a series of photos of Chicklet drumming in her zebra outfit that BGWLBH bought for her while I was visiting her.

I feel a bit shy about drumming in front of everyone.

Ok just one song.

Aw shucks, I know, I'm pretty good aren't I?

See my lovely white toothie pegs?

Ok that's enough ... no more photos please!

Which part of 'that's enough' don't you understand!?
Adoring Husband is doing ok in the Club Championships and plays again tomorrow and then again next weekend.  May the force be with him!

Hopefully, if the weather is nicer than it was today, we will go for a picnic by the river tomorrow.

Unfortunately, it's Bubbles' last full day.  Her visit has been short and sweet, but productive.

Since she arrived, she has been trying to teach Chicklet to 'baby high five'.  Apparently, while I was having my nana nap this afternoon (which I am allowed to do now that I'm a grandmother!), she succeeded!!  I received the animated version of the success story when I woke up!

So happy baby high five day!

Nite all.

No comments: