Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Average to Great

Took the trusty trike to the Dr today.

A couple of days ago, I was riding home from afternoon tea with my girls, when my trike began making horribly loud clicking noises.

I tried changing the gears up and down a few times, to no effect.  I tried hitting the brakes hard a few times, to no effect.  I called Adoring Husband outside to check it over, to no effect.

It wasn't the gears, it wasn't the brakes and it wasn't the wheels.

So we decided to book it in for a check up (it was only serviced about two months ago).

We were given 8.30am as our appointment time and the young man suggested that he usually arrived at work early,  so there wouldn't be a problem.

A different young man arrived to open the shop at 9.05am!!  Not happy Jan!!

While we waited for the trike to be checked, Adoring Husband and I decided to go to the movies.

The movie that we saw is now on my list of 'Top 5 Worst Movies of all Time'.

It was 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'.  Ugh!!  Don't go there!!

The best part of the movie was the vanilla, macadamia nut, choc top ice cream that I had for breakfast during the previews before the movie started.

Turned out there was nothing wrong with the trike and the clicking disappeared the second we took it off the trailer to wheel it into the shop.

At least he only charged us $10 to tell us that information.

We all enjoyed completing the Census form tonight!

It seems that Vegan Chickie and I both share a secret ... we enjoy filling out official forms!

It's no longer a secret :o)

Just to sneak one little photo in for the day.  This one was taken Sunday morning, right on the turn of the tide, when the water was very still.

The sun shining through the clouds onto the water in the background.
So my trike turned out to be fine.  The ice cream at the cinemas was delicious.  We got to complete a  most official Australian form tonight AND I got to have lots of Chicklet quality time after dinner tonight!!

What started out as an average day has finished up as a pretty great day!!

Nite all.

1 comment:

eljaih said...

i didnt think you were going to go see that, didnt we make fun of that movie when i was up there??