Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Vegan Chickie's Suggestions

It's late and I'm sitting on the couch with Vegan Chickie wondering what to write about.

Here are her suggestions:

1.   My picnic lunch with Woman of Many Talents and Mrs Bucket today at the Lion's Park.

2.   Chicklet rolling over for the first time tonight, while I was out.

3.   My new steam machine which I love but Adoring Husband detests.

4.   The white limousine trike that I want to buy, because my red trike makes terrible noises when I put heavy things in the rear basket.

5.   Market Day preparations for the markets that I don't really want to attend tomorrow.  Looking for motivation.

6.   The football 'pick the score'  competition at the local pub.

7.   Psychotic dogs barking and being psychotic over the late afternoon storm yesterday.

8.   The fabulousness that is Vegan Chickie.  What a great mother, wife, daughter, friend, granddaughter, niece, sister, speller, writer, cook, blog suggestioner and word maker upperer she is!!

I don't think I will write about any of those things because it's after 11pm and I have to get out of bed EXTRA early tomorrow to get myself organised for the markets that I am SO not prepared for!!

So thank you for your suggestions Vegan Chickie.  It has been an amusing discussion with some good ideas, but instead, I am going to climb into my warm bed and thaw out my frozen body.  I can't believe how cold it is tonight!!

Nite all.


No comments: