Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Musical Day

Literally dragged myself out of bed this morning to get organised for the markets.   Getting myself organised was surprisingly easier than I expected!

If I hadn't arranged for Aussie H to meet me there, I probably would have stayed at home in bed!

I waited until the sun was up high enough to make it safe for me to ride my trike, so it was about 6.10am when I left home.

I hadn't organised money for my float so I pedalled to Foodworks and used the ATM to withdraw some cash.  I then went to the Bakery to get coffee, which in turn gave me change for my float.

It was around 6.30am when I began to set up my stall and it only took about fifteen minutes, so I was sitting and drinking my coffee well before 7am.

It was SOOOOO cold!  I don't usually feel the cold, but my feet felt like they were frozen and I even wore long sleeves!

At about 8am, a bus load of high school kids arrived and began setting themselves up in one corner of the grounds to play music.

They were from Redcliffe High School and they were a music band and choir.  They had a gig in Hervey Bay (something to do with the Baptist Church) but had been invited to our market to play.

They were very good and played a wide and varied range of songs and music for about two hours.  They certainly pulled a crowd!

When they finished and had packed up all their gear, they all wandered around the markets and I made some good sales from lovely kids who were buying gifts for their mothers!

What started out as a slow day, ended up being one my best days ever!  Yay for polite, well spoken, confident, talented young people!!

After a nice long nap this afternoon, Adoring Husband and I got all dressed up and drove to Maryborough for 'Jon English and The Rock Show'.

You know how when somebody raves about something ... like a movie ... and when you go to see it, you have such high expectations, that you are almost always disappointed?  Well, I expected that Adoring Husband would be disappointed in this show because I had raved SO MUCH about how great it was.

He LOVED it!  He came out raving about it, just like I did the first time I saw the show.

I must admit that for the first ten minutes, I was holding back tears!  I was so overwhelmed with happiness and excitement, that the emotion kind of welled up inside me and I struggled to control it!

Seems the older I get, the more emotional I get.  Gotta figure out a way to control that!

There was a restaurant attached to the theatre where the show was and we lobbed on the door asking for a table at 6.30pm.  They gave us the last table available!

The food was lovely and by the time we finished dinner, it was time to pick up our tickets from reception, which was a relatively easy and painless operation.

The foyer was full of old fogeys like us, with a smattering of kids/grandkids.

Some people were dressed to the nines and others wore tracksuits and flannelette shirts.

When I saw the show in Griffith, we were sitting two rows back on the left side of the stage and this time, we were sitting three rows back and on the right side of the stage.

It was almost like watching a different show!

There is just so much to see, it's impossible to watch everything at the same time.  The talent on that stage is just impossible to describe and there are no words to do the show justice.

I will go again and again and again if I have the opportunity!  We paid $50 to see the show in Griffith and $69 to see the show here, but I would pay double that because they are more than worthy of that kind of money.

Just brilliant!!

It has been a very musical day for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Nite all.


No comments: